Teamsters Local 728 Income Protection Plan
FOR FULL & PART-TIME MEMBERS
Continue getting paid if you can’t work due to illness, injury, DOT Restrictions for medical reasons, or death!
PLAN INFORMATION OVERVIEW
– Short-Term Disability (STD) pays for up to 24 weeks
Stackable up to 100% of pre-disability income with other Disability Benefits you may receive
– Long-Term Disability (LTD) pays for up to 2 or 5 years
Does not offset against other Long-Term Disability Benefits you may receive from your employer
– Life Insurance w/ AD&D for Member, Spouse, and/or Child(ren)
No medical tests, questions, or underwriting to enroll; no active working member of Teamsters Local 728 can be denied coverage!
Click the button below to log in to your UnionHub account.
To file a claim, click here
ARE YOUR CURRENT BENEFITS ENOUGH?
Short-Term Disability (STD)
The maximum benefit our Members receive through our health plan is $500/week for 26 weeks (less taxes), when you can’t work due to an illness, injury or DOT restrictions. In most cases, you’ll lose about 67% of your income every week.
Long-Term Disability (LTD)
Most Members receive ZERO benefits after 26 weeks, unless you enroll in the LTD coverages being offered, 100% of your income may be at risk!
– You may be eligible for benefits through your employer (e.g. UPS Full-Time, Motion Picture contractors, etc.) and it is your responsibility to confirm this before enrolling, as benefits offered through this plan may offset those benefits.
Teamsters Local 728 Members receive some life insurance benefits through our health plan. The additional life insurance being offered can help you continue to provide for your loved-ones.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Disability FAQ
It is important to understand that these Life and Disability benefits DO cover COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in the event that you contract the virus and cannot work (to include being quarantined after being diagnosed with COVID-19) or pass away as a result of the virus.
The below list provides the main parameters a member’s claim must meet in order to be eligible to file a claim for the Coronavirus. However, there may be other factors that would impact a Coronavirus claim.
- Only cases of the Coronavirus that are medically diagnosed and documented by a medical professional would constitute as eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined due to testing positive for Coronavirus would be eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined as a preventative measure and do not have an official Coronavirus diagnosis by a medical professional would not be eligible for benefits, including, but not limited to;
– Jobsite shutdowns for preventative measures
– Furloughs, layoffs, etc.
– Care for a loved one who has been diagnosed or exposed
- The normal waiting period still applies, so the member needs to be held out of work by a medical professional for longer than their waiting period in order to be eligible
Members enrolling for coverage now, but who do not yet have effective coverage, would not have an eligible Coronavirus claim if:
- The member enrolls now for a future coverage effective date and already has a medically diagnosed case of Coronavirus or has seen their doctor for signs/symptoms of the Coronavirus
- The member’s coverage is not effective and in force prior to seeing a medical professional or being diagnosed
Please call us at (224) 770-5304 for more information.